HomeTopic2020 Summer Vibes

2020 Summer Vibes

33 Reviews
Sharing with us EVERYTHING that made your summer more enjoyable!
  • twitter@3xCreated with Sketch.

Reviews

2020 Summer Makeup Look
2020 Summer Makeup Look
Hey everyone! Today’s look is inspired by summer, beach summer nights specifically. I love using super warm and purpley tones in the summer because it always reminds me of the sunset. Most of the eyeshadows I used today are from the MORPHE - Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette which I know many of you have! So let’s get started with this look. First, to prime my eyes I used the ANASTASIA Beverly Hills - ANASTASIA Beverly Hills Eye Primer so that my eyeshadow had an even base to stick to. Next, I took the MORPHE - Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette and took the shade M.F.E.O. with a MORPHE - Morphe x Jaclyn Hill JH34 Pointed Blender Brush all over the crease. I didn’t take this shade to far in my outer corner because this look is a halo eye, but I did take it into my inner corner. After that, I took the shade Hunts with a MORPHE - Morphe X Jaclyn Hill JH35 Upper Crease Brush to blend more precisely in my crease, outer corner, and inner corner. Then, I took the shade Chip with a LUXIE - 703 Narrow Blending Eye Brush and blended that in my very inner and outer corners. Lastly, I took the shade Firework from the palette and placed it in the middle of my lid with my finger. I decided this look needed some sparkle, so I chose to use the e.l.f. - Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow for a pop! For the face products, I used: PÜR - 4-In-1 Love Your Selfie Longwear Foundation & Concealer TOM FORD - Soleil Glow Bronzer NARS - Orgasm Blush Jumbo essence - Glow my mind! baked highlighter palette KKW BEAUTY - Mascara
SasadyaM
4-In-1 Love Your Selfie Longwear Foundation & Concealer
PÜR-4-In-1 Love Your Selfie Longwear Foundation & Concealer
2020 Summer “Sweet Treats” Themed Makeup
2020 Summer “Sweet Treats” Themed Makeup
For those of us who live in the Southern Hemisphere, Summer is just around the corner, and things are already heating up, and it’s not just the weather, honey! In the next few months, half the world will be heading into springtime, and that brings fresh fashion, bright colours, and fierce makeup with it. Here’s how you can create a quick, easy, “sweet treats” themed makeup look to match your shining summertime personality. Complexion Work: For my base makeup, I used REVOLUTION - Fast Base Stick Foundation in shade F3. I concealed with the help of REVOLUTION - Conceal & Define Full Coverage Concealer in shade C1. I contoured my cheeks using Revlon Sculpt & Highlight Contour Kit, in shade light/medium. I then applied a soft layer of Juvia's PLACE - The Saharan Blush Palette shade Leena. I also used NYX - Strobe of Genius Holographic Stick in “Mermaid Amour” for an iridescent shine. Colourful Sweet Treats Eye Makeup: Moving on to the eyes, I used theMORPHE - The James Charles Palette for the whole look. I started off by packing on “Pinkity Drinkity” onto the inner half of my eyelid and crease. I then took a light dab of “Skip”, then more Pinkity Drinkity on the same brush to deepen the shade slightly and make it more of a soft but vibrant pink. For darker skin tones, you may want to use more Skip to create a brighter colour. Next up is shade “518”, which I took on a small blending brush and packed onto the outer corner of my eyelid, sweeping inward diagonally toward my lash line. Similarly, I pulled that orange shade outwards towards the tail of my brow, and softly blended it into my pink shadows. I also pulled some of 518 onto the outer third of my lower lash line. To complete the lower lash line, I used shade “Bee” to bring some lightness and brightness to the inner portion of my eye, blending it into 518 along the way. For a final pop of summery colour, I packed shade “Hello” onto a small pencil brush, and spritzed it with a setting spray, before packing it onto the inner corner of my eye. The super shiny effect of the shadow and its lustrous, tropical colour really added a fun and fabulous edge to the themed look. I finished the eyes off with a little black eyeshadow on the outer half of my upper lash line, and some MAYBELLINE - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara on my lashes, and there you have it! A quick, easy summer makeup look for all levels of makeup lovers. Would you like to see some “how to guides” for more wearable, colourful looks? Comment what colours you’d like to learn how to wear during the daytime!
BecomingKyra
Conceal & Define Full Coverage Concealer
REVOLUTION-Conceal & Define Full Coverage Concealer
SUMMER VIBES / BEACH
SUMMER VIBES / BEACH
Quickly want to talk about some products I am loving this summer! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀🌊 @theisleofparadise Self Tanning Drops in Light: So throughout the year, I always wear sunscreen, especially now during the summer months. But I use a higher SPF on my face compared to my body because I really like getting dark in the summer. But since I have acne prone skin, I make sure to keep my face as safe possible from the UV rays! Therefore my face is never as dark as my body and I need something to help even that out. So far I am loving this product, I mix 4 drops in with my moisturizer and the next morning, I wake up with such a beautiful glow! I will definitely re-purchase this but once I finish this the next brand I want to try is Tan Luxe before I do! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ 🌊 @soldejaneiro Bum Bum Cream & Coco Cabana Cream: Now I know most of you love the smell of the Bum Bum Cream over Coco Cabana, but I’m the opposite way around haha. I love the smell of both, but something about Coco Cabana, it’s AMAZING! I love the smell, the texture, how well it works, just everything! I also love the mini size, makes it super easy to carry with me to the beach and the Lord knows I need something to moisturize once I get out of the ocean lol. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀🌊 @supergoop Glow Screen: I normally wouldn’t wear this to the beach, I would wear this more so If I’m running out on a few errands or meeting up with my friends for drinks/food If I don’t want to wear makeup! This already gives a beautiful glow and when I’m at the beach, I sweat a lot and I’m in the ocean most of the time (bc I’m a fish lol) so it’s not necessary for beach days! But this is one product that I am loving so far this summer! I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. 🤍 What’s your favorite product to use during the summer months?
cdragoskin
Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
SOL de Janeiro-Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
🍉Summer 2020 meets the 60s
🍉Summer 2020 meets the 60s
Have you ever noticed how HUGE Twiggy’s eyes look in photographs. It’s because of the lashes on her bottom line + the lines they drew over their creases in the 60s. I wanted to do Summer makeup for 2020, even if we’re still in quarantine. But the good thing about this look is how much the eyes stand out~ So it still looks beautiful with a mask. PS: My foundation is covered in my last post on Color Correcting. Check that out if you want to learn more! Not gonna lie, though, this was TOUGH to recreate! Here’s how I used each product~ INGLOT - AMC Eyeliner Gel The centerpiece of this look ~ I used it with a gel angle brush. It has a hard, runny texture, but melts quickly onto skin. It dries to a matte finish, but not so quickly that you can’t blend it (if you’re looking for a smudgy look). Over the course of 6 hours, it does start to smudge for me a little. But I like the creative control it gives me, much easier than liquid eyeliner. I lined my eye and crease, following their natural shapes. To dupe this look, I STRONGLY recommend you draw the line on with the way you naturally look in the mirror. No stretching or angling your eye differently- this can actually make the line end up more wonky instead. essence - Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara One point off for being a little clumpy, and smudging at the end of a hot day. But it’s nothing severe. It makes up for it by being VERY volumizing, and yes, looking just a tinyyyy bit like false lashes. It needs a minute to dry down, though~ heads up. URBAN DECAY - Honey Eyeshadow Primer Potion Ornament This is a really intense, beautiful, glittery product. I used a small amount over the yellow base, and it gave it a pow. It can be a bit TOO intense, so go with a light hand. Sugarpill - Fun Size Palette I’ve already given this palette 5 stars before. This time, I used the yellow (Continue?) as an eye base under the glitter and crease line, and the mint (Twitch) in my inner corner. I dragged the mint up into the edge of my crease line. Both colors are pigmented, though you need to swirl your brush in them well to get the full effect. But they perform much better than most vibrant shadows out there. LUNAR BEAUTY - Moon Spell Color Palette This product deserves a full review on another post. For now, I used the dark brown (Kiki) for my eyebrows. Been using it for months, and its easy to blend. Though I wonder if I should darken my inner brow more. LAQA & CO. - Cheeky Lip in Humble Brag This is a very pigmented product. It isn’t heavy on the lips, feeling like a balm instead. It looks like natural skin (not matte or glossy). It comes off while eating, leaving a tint behind. But still, it’s pretty! What’s your favorite retro makeup look? I’m still definitely practicing !
Jac
AMC Eyeliner Gel
INGLOT-AMC Eyeliner Gel
My Everyday Summer 2020 Makeup Routine
My Everyday Summer 2020 Makeup Routine
My routine always starts with a good skincare routine! Find one that works for you and make sure it includes SPF! I’ve been using a moisturizer with SPF ORIGINS - A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea This dual product is nice because I don’t have to add an extra layer to get moisture I need! It’s a great product but I will probably end up going back to my COOLA which is my holy grail. COOLA - Classic Face Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 50 I’ve always done my eye makeup first so I’ve been using the ANASTASIA Beverly Hills - Norvina Eyeshadow Palette shades Incense and passion in the crease with tarte - Clay Pot Waterproof Shadow Liner in the shade Rose Gold all over the lid. Next, I’ve been using the Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 This is the only BB Cream I’ve used that gets along with my combo-oily skin! Plus it has bonus SPF! Then I apply the ESTĒE LAUDER - Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Wear Concealer to my under eyes. This concealer is fine but it’s way too drying and full coverage for my taste. Then I use the BECCA - Sunlit Bronzer basically all over my face 😂 nose, cheeks, forehead! I use the shade Bronzed Bondi. Helps me look like I actually have a tan! It has a subtle sheen that makes it look so natural! Then I blend a light amount of the PHYSICIANS FORMULA - Murumuru Butter Blush in Vintage Rouge into my cheeks. Then, I apply the HOURGLASS - Veil Translucent Setting Powder to my undereyes, my T zone, and my jawline. Finally I draw in my eyebrows with ANASTASIA Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade and set them with the ANASTASIA Beverly Hills - Clear Brow Gel The clear brow get is fine but it’s too drying and crunchy for me. Finally I apply mascara! Rodial - Glamolash Mascara XXL This mascara is fine but it clumps up so easily so you have to be careful! #cheriepartner
Sammie_pans_makeup
A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea
ORIGINS-A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea
Sunflower Eyes 💛🌻
Sunflower Eyes 💛🌻
Happy Saturday! ☀️ Today, I created another look using the Colourpop Sunflower Collection 🌻 COLOURPOP - Lil Ray of Sunshine Shadow Palette I have swatches and review on this collection on my previous post so check out my profile if you’re curious 🤩 On this look, I used: -Vibey (transition) -Limoncello (Crease and lower lash) -Chillin’ (Outer crease and lower lash ) -Sun Giant (Outer V) -Sunnies (Lids) -Super shock shadow In Harmony (over sunnies) -Super shock shadow Flower Child (inner corner and brow bone) -Both creme gel liners, Sunnyvale and Sub Zero -It’s always sunny ultra gloss on top of Dose of Colors Almond Butter I like this look a lot more than the first one I made! This is such summer vibes and I love it. Francesca 💋
FrancescaDee
Boy Brow
Glossier.-Boy Brow
Previous
Next