Last updated: June 1, 2020
What information do we collect?
Information you choose to provide
For certain activities, such as when you register and create an account, upload content to the Platform, or contact us directly, you may provide some or all of the following information:
- Registration information, such as language, email address, phone number, and date of birth
- Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image
- User-generated content, including comments, photographs, and videos, that you choose to upload or broadcast on the Platform (“User Content”)
- Your opt-in choices and communication preferences
- Information you provide in the correspondence you send to us
- Information you share through surveys or your participation in challenges, sweepstakes, or contests such as your gender, age, likeness, and preferences.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you choose to link or register using your social network (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google), we may collect information from these third-party services, including information relating to your use of the Platform in relation to these services.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including your IP address, unique device identifiers, browser name and version, browsing history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), Cookies (as defined below), your mobile carrier, time zone setting, and mobile or device information including the model of your device, screen resolution, operating system, app types and versions, file names and types, and platform.
We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through and broadcast on our Platform. We also link your registration information with your activity on our Platform across all your devices on which you are signed into the Platform using your email, phone number, or similar information.
When you upload User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your User Content the metadata can describe how, when, and by whom the piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that enables other users to trace back the video to your user account. Additionally, metadata will consist of data that you chose to provide with the video, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
Skin Scanning Tool
The tool scans your face texture and skin tone information to help you better understand your skin conditions such as acne, wrinkles and pores. We save face texture and skin tone information only on your phone. We only collect the final score of your "skin report" to help you track your skincare journey. We do not share any of these information with any third party.
How we use your information
We use your information to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service, to improve and administer the Platform, and to allow you to use its functionalities. We may also use your information to, among other things, show you suggestions, promote the Platform.
We generally use the information we collect:
- to fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback;
- to customize the content you see when you use the Platform. For example, we may provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen or show you content that is similar to content that you liked or interacted with;
- to communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services;
- to improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development;
- to support the social functions of the Platform, including to permit you and other users to connect with each other through the Platform and for you and other users to share, download, and otherwise interact with User Content posted through the Platform;
- to use User Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform
- to help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform;
- to ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform (as required by law);
- to announce you as a winner of our contest, sweepstakes, or promotions if permitted by the promotion rule, and to send you any applicable prizes;
- to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies;
- to combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes; and
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How we share your information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We will share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us perform our business operations, including research, database maintenance, contest administration, technology services, deliveries, email deployment, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing.
- Business partners. We may share your information with our business partners so that we can make you special offers via the Platform.
- Corporate group. We may share your information with a parent, subsidiary, or other affiliate of our corporate group. We may share your information with our integrated service platform operated by other entities in our corporate group.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Cherie, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, to login to the Platform or to share information about your usage on the Platform with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Platform, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Platform, in accordance with their privacy policies.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while engaging. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
- You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your opt-out selection is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you opt out, so you may need to opt-out separately for each of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you.
- You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails.
- If you have registered for an account you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
California privacy rights:
- California residents that have an established business relationship with us can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal data we have shared with third parties during the preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail us at the “Contact Us” information below.
- If you are under 18 years of age and a California resident using the Platform, at any time you can request that we remove content you have provided or posted. Please contact us at the information below for our assistance, including to request removal of your content. Note that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content posted through the Platform.
- Your browser may offer you a “do-not-track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites. We do support “do-not-track” requests at this time.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. But you should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
The Platform is not directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that personal information has been collected on the Platform from a person under the age of 13 we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 on the Platform, please e-mail us at the “Contact Us” information below.
- 2035 Sunset Lake Road, Suite B-2, in the city of Newark, zip code 19702 and county of New Castle
- Email Address: email@example.com
SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS – JURISDICTION-SPECIFIC
Access to Data
You can access any Personal Information which we collect about you by contacting us using the details provided under the “Contact Us” section above.
In this section, ‘Personal Information’ means information or an opinion about an identified user, or a user who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Overseas Storage and Access of Your Information
We store your personal information securely in the United States, and it may only be accessed by our employees under controlled circumstances (other than the information which is published openly on the Platform, including User Content).
Complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as set out below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Address: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
1. What information do we collect?
- If you upload User Content containing personal information of a third party, we rely on you to ensure that you have permission from such third parties.
2. How we use your information
- If you agree to receive push notifications, we may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide you with app updates and other relevant information. If you wish to stop receiving push notifications from us, you can turn off push notifications for the app in the settings of your mobile device.
3. How we share your information
Legal Purposes. We and our authorized third-party vendors/service providers may disclose your personal information if we are required or permitted by applicable law or legal process, which may include lawful access by foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities in the jurisdictions in which we or our authorized third-party vendors/ service providers operate.
4. Security and Data Location
5. Your Choices and Rights
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
You agree that any information you give us will be accurate, correct and up to date, and that when acting on behalf of a business or another person, you are authorised to give such information to us. You must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients
Some of the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information will be located overseas. These third parties may not be subject to New Zealand privacy laws. However, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to confirm that those organisations are required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under the Privacy Act 1993. By using the Platform, you authorise such disclosure.