The Top Skincare Mistakes You're Probably Making
Oct. 5, 2020
Skincare mistakes are made more often then not. No matter who you are you have most likely commited a skincare mistake. Below I have complied a whole list of skincare mistakes, what happens to your skin when they are commited, and how you are avoid them. Enjoy!
- Not cleaning your phone
- Although you may wash your hands many times a day, phone screens still pick up loads of bacteria. When you take a call, all of that bacteria is then transferred onto your face. It will take a little while to get into the habit, but it is a great idea to wipe down your phone with a disinfecting wipe or even a makeup wipe. Your face will thank you!
- Not washing your pillows cases or sheets frequently
- Not washing your bedding at least once a week in the hottest water possibly, can cause breakouts. Over time pillowcases and sheets begin to collect dirt, oil, dead skin cells,bacteria, and fungi. Studies have found that your pillowcase has more bacteria than your toilet seat.
- Although tempting, especially when you want quick results, over-exfoliating can lead to long term damage of your stratious cornea (the top layer of your skin). Once the skin barrier is removed, your skin is now exposed to environmental toxins, pollution, and sun damage.. All of these things cause the skin to age. Exfoliate your skin one time a week. Talk to your doctor about exfoliating more than once a week.
- Constantly touching your face
- I know I am guilty of this! I will admit to subconsciously touching my face. Constantly touching your face allows for the bacteria on your hands to get transferred onto your face. One way to break the habit is to have someone call you out on touching your face!
- Not drinking enough water
- Another guilty habit of mine. A huge benefit of drinking water everyday is its ability to cleanse the body of its toxins. A water cleanse keeps your skin clear, by pushing out the bacteria and in return reducing the risk of acne and other skin problems. Women should be drinking 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) a day. Men should be drinking 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of water in a day.
- Forgetting to wash your makeup brushes
- My third guilty habit. Forgetting to wash your makeup brushes every two weeks allows for a buildup of makeup, bacteria, and dead skin cells. Don’t forget to clean your beauty blenders weekly to daily!
- Skipping daily sunscreen
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Taking that one crucial step before applying makeup will save your skin in the long run! Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to your neck, chest, and shoulders. You should be applying sunscreen rain, snow, or blow. Sun exposure causes sunspots, skin damage, and in the long run can lead to skin cancer.
- Popping pimples
- Popping pimples is a guilt for just about everyone. In the end we all know that is a bad thing to do, but we still do it anyways. When a pimple is drained by a dermatologist, they apply a downward pressure, which is the correct way to drain a pimple. Many people pop their pimples by going in from the sides. This technique allows for the infection to go deeper into the pores. If you have a pimple that is ready to pop on its own, take a wet washcloth and wash your face with it. That small amount of pressure that is applied to the face will drain the pimple.
- Not applying products in the correct order
- A good key to a great skincare regimen is knowing how to layer your products. If you are applying heavier products first, they will block your lighter products from penetrating the skin and allowing for the product to do its job. Make sure to do research on how to layer your products before using!
- Not getting enough rest
- Sleep is key to great looking skin. If you are skipping out on sleep you may be noticing that your skin is becoming pale with dark under eye circles. A lack of a good night sleep can cause so much stress that it can cause or skin and bodies to generate free radicals.
- Eating a "bad" diet
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Same thing goes for the skin. Make sure you are incorporating every color of the rainbow into your diet in the forms of fruits and vegetables. Your skin and body will thank you.
- Not knowing the products you are putting on your skin
- If you are conscious about the ingredients that you put into your body, you should be curious about the ingredients that you are putting onto your skin. Read up on all the ingredients of products you already own and products you are looking into purchasing. It is good to know and understand the ingredients. Keep in mind, the price of a product will not determine its quality.
- Switch to a silk or satin pillowcase
- When you lay your head on a pillowcase, specifically when you sleep on your sides, your cotton pillow case is actually causing trauma to your skin. Over time pillowcases aggravate the skin by causing friction and can cause permanent creases as the skin's collagen breaks down.
Double Your Lash Length With Sky High Mascara!
I bought this mascara after seeing a post about it on Facebook. I love trying out new mascaras but rarely do I find one that I will use regularly like my beloved tarte - Maneater Mascara However this stuff is good. MAYBELLINE - Lash Sensational Sky High Waterproof Mascara It gave my lashes so much volume & length they literally doubled in size! My lashes are already pretty long to begin with but this made them look amazing. The photo is after applying only one coat so I can only imagine how good they will look after two or three coats! It also didn’t clump up my lashes at all. I applied it really quickly & lazily too because I was in a rush to get ready & I was still amazed! I honestly think this is going to be my new daily mascara. It is waterproof but not the annoying kind that leaves your eyes completely black when you go to take it off. It came off really easily with my POND'S - Facial Moisturizers Dry Skin Cream which is what I’ve always used to remove my eye makeup, since I was a kid! @cherie@Cheriebeauty@CheriePick
My Farewell To Cherie
Follow me on Ig for more skincare since Cherie is leaving 😭 @naturedskinv This has been an amazing journey and I’ve made soo many amazing friends. Thank you for all the love, conversations, and just overall happiness I’ve experienced on this app. I’m definitely sad, a little upset, and a dash of confused, but thank you @cheriefor giving me such an amazing confidence boost and guidance. The way the app shaped my thoughts on skincare has been insane. I’m still willing to forget this and call it a joke if y’all are! 😭 Anyways thank you again and hopefully we can stay in touch 🙏🏾
Drink of water for your skin!
We’re in the deep of winter and our skin get dehydrated and beaten by the harsh elements. Treat your skin to a pure drink of water that is based with pure Artic water —The ultra pure water that flows from the Arctic is known for its unique functional composition that’s buzzed about for helping to recharge dull-looking skin. By adding moisture back in helps fortify your skin and enhances skins’ luminosity. LUMENE - Nordic-C Glow Boost Essence Serum 30ml $12-$25 depends on size and retail. Based with pure artic spring water and two types o hyaluronic acids this serum is super emollient and hydrating. Love love love how gentle this formula is. LUMENE - Nordic C Valo Glow Lumenessence Brightening Beauty Lotion $14-$18 A gorgeous lightweight toning essence with pure artic water, hyaluronic acids and vitamin c rich berry complex. I love that it is gentle and not drying. 🐰 cruelty free and sustainably sourced
HOLY GRAIL SPF 🌞🌞🌞
Okay guys as I have said before I am guilty of rarely ever wearing sunscreen. I just never liked the feel of it on my skin. I always felt like it made me greasy & clogged my pores. However, once I heard about this product I was very intrigued. NIOD - Survival 30 It actually isn’t sold in the United States for some reason so I had to purchase it on a UK website. (Beauty Bay) It is an antioxidant serum with SPF 30. At first, it appears to be tinted but it’s actually not. On NIOD’s website they state: “The slight tinted appearance is derived from the active technologies including Lutein, Fractionated Melanin and Pycnogenol.” It blends in with your skin so easily & does not leave a white cast like some other SPF products. However this serum literally makes my skin tone soo even & perfect! It also contains silicone so it completely smooths over my pores. AND besides all that great stuff, it’s a mineral sunscreen! So it protects against environmental & lifestyle issues. Like UV rays, blue light, etc. I have never loved a product as much as this one! I literally cannot believe how good my skin looks while using this stuff! For a 30ml bottle, I paid $33 on the Beauty Bay site. For me, that is completely worth it! It comes in this adorable packaging & pretty glass bottle. It also has a pump dispenser & squirts out the perfect amount for a single use! I really can’t recommend this stuff enough guys! It’s wonderful!! @cherie@Cheriebeauty@CheriePick
Stay Young Forever? ✨
That’d be great right? Well in taking those steps, I definitely recommend these amazing serums. I was gifted the: Intoxicated Cosmetics: Snake Serum Bee Serum Snail Serum I started using the Snail Serum last night first and wow did I notice a difference. The Snail Serum mainly targets dryness. I used this in place of my usual night time serum and boy did I notice a difference. I N G R E D I E N T S : All Serums contain: ✨Niacinamide Bee Serum: Bee Venom Plant Based Stem Cells Royal Epigen Snake Serum Snake Venom Green & White Tea Extract Peptides Snail Serum Snail Peptide Hyadisine Echinacea Moronga Oil Extract I definitely will try the other serums in my routine as I get used to the Snail Serum but so far my skin is definitely happy. What serum would you like to try?
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24, 2020
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18, 2020
This Anti-Inflammaging Serum Can Teach Your Skin How to Heal ItselfMeet Heraux (pronounced hero), the serum that just might save your skin.Dec. 31, 2020
My Mental Wellness Improved Through My Self AcceptanceWhen I was around 13 or 14 years old, I remember routinely taking one of my older sister’s black eyeliner pencils before school every morning. I’d arrive early so that I could slip away to the girl’s bathroom to apply a single black line to my eyelids. My parents didn’t allow me to wear any makeup at the time. Although this smudgy line on my eyelids didn’t make me look all that much different, I never felt comfortable at school without it. My teenage mind convinced myself that I needed some sort of cosmetic symbol in order to appropriately express my femininity. Up until that point in my life, society had told girls that looked like me - tall, Black, and with kinky hair - that we somehow weren’t as beautiful as the other girls. For far too long, I believed it too.Feb. 17