The Top Skincare Mistakes You're Probably Making
Skincare mistakes are made more often then not. No matter who you are you have most likely commited a skincare mistake. Below I have complied a whole list of skincare mistakes, what happens to your skin when they are commited, and how you are avoid them. Enjoy!
- Not cleaning your phone
- Although you may wash your hands many times a day, phone screens still pick up loads of bacteria. When you take a call, all of that bacteria is then transferred onto your face. It will take a little while to get into the habit, but it is a great idea to wipe down your phone with a disinfecting wipe or even a makeup wipe. Your face will thank you!
- Not washing your pillows cases or sheets frequently
- Not washing your bedding at least once a week in the hottest water possibly, can cause breakouts. Over time pillowcases and sheets begin to collect dirt, oil, dead skin cells,bacteria, and fungi. Studies have found that your pillowcase has more bacteria than your toilet seat.
- Although tempting, especially when you want quick results, over-exfoliating can lead to long term damage of your stratious cornea (the top layer of your skin). Once the skin barrier is removed, your skin is now exposed to environmental toxins, pollution, and sun damage.. All of these things cause the skin to age. Exfoliate your skin one time a week. Talk to your doctor about exfoliating more than once a week.
- Constantly touching your face
- I know I am guilty of this! I will admit to subconsciously touching my face. Constantly touching your face allows for the bacteria on your hands to get transferred onto your face. One way to break the habit is to have someone call you out on touching your face!
- Not drinking enough water
- Another guilty habit of mine. A huge benefit of drinking water everyday is its ability to cleanse the body of its toxins. A water cleanse keeps your skin clear, by pushing out the bacteria and in return reducing the risk of acne and other skin problems. Women should be drinking 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) a day. Men should be drinking 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of water in a day.
- Forgetting to wash your makeup brushes
- My third guilty habit. Forgetting to wash your makeup brushes every two weeks allows for a buildup of makeup, bacteria, and dead skin cells. Don’t forget to clean your beauty blenders weekly to daily!
- Skipping daily sunscreen
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Taking that one crucial step before applying makeup will save your skin in the long run! Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to your neck, chest, and shoulders. You should be applying sunscreen rain, snow, or blow. Sun exposure causes sunspots, skin damage, and in the long run can lead to skin cancer.
- Popping pimples
- Popping pimples is a guilt for just about everyone. In the end we all know that is a bad thing to do, but we still do it anyways. When a pimple is drained by a dermatologist, they apply a downward pressure, which is the correct way to drain a pimple. Many people pop their pimples by going in from the sides. This technique allows for the infection to go deeper into the pores. If you have a pimple that is ready to pop on its own, take a wet washcloth and wash your face with it. That small amount of pressure that is applied to the face will drain the pimple.
- Not applying products in the correct order
- A good key to a great skincare regimen is knowing how to layer your products. If you are applying heavier products first, they will block your lighter products from penetrating the skin and allowing for the product to do its job. Make sure to do research on how to layer your products before using!
- Not getting enough rest
- Sleep is key to great looking skin. If you are skipping out on sleep you may be noticing that your skin is becoming pale with dark under eye circles. A lack of a good night sleep can cause so much stress that it can cause or skin and bodies to generate free radicals.
- Eating a "bad" diet
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Same thing goes for the skin. Make sure you are incorporating every color of the rainbow into your diet in the forms of fruits and vegetables. Your skin and body will thank you.
- Not knowing the products you are putting on your skin
- If you are conscious about the ingredients that you put into your body, you should be curious about the ingredients that you are putting onto your skin. Read up on all the ingredients of products you already own and products you are looking into purchasing. It is good to know and understand the ingredients. Keep in mind, the price of a product will not determine its quality.
- Switch to a silk or satin pillowcase
- When you lay your head on a pillowcase, specifically when you sleep on your sides, your cotton pillow case is actually causing trauma to your skin. Over time pillowcases aggravate the skin by causing friction and can cause permanent creases as the skin's collagen breaks down.
My Ulta Black Friday haul ✨
So upon seeing the ad for Ulta’s Black Friday I told myself I wasn’t going to purchase anything... three separate purchases later I found myself with a completely pink haul (which is completely out of character for me 😂) The first thing I picked up on Black Friday was the ANASTASIA Beverly Hills - Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit which I have used a few times since then. I’m absolutely blown away how stunning this is on the cheeks. I feel like ABH is the queen of highlighters that look subtle but still give you that bam out of this world glow from within. Later on in the night I decided I needed the COLOURPOP - Lux Lip Oilin the shade Truth Bomb and the #Colourpop - Amourex Glitterly Obsessed Mini Duo[products]#. I have two glitter gels by Colourpop and I absolutely love them despite not using them often. The mini pots are super cute and I don’t feel wasteful if I don’t use them. Then, on Saturday I purchased the ANASTASIA Beverly Hills - Haute Holiday Lip Gloss Setbecause it was on sale and I’ve been obsessed with the pale nude colors since this set came out. I also impulse bought the #It Cosmetics - Rose Gold Eye Brush Set[products]#as it was also on sale (I think I paid around $20 for it) and I needed the liner brush in it for my Melt Cosmetics gel eyeliners. This set comes with four brushes which includes my absolute favorite blending brush, the number 105. It Cosmetics has the SOFTEST brushes I’ve ever used. The quality by far surpasses anything I own. It also comes with a really cute rose gold container for it. I’m hoping to have reviews up for these eventually but here is my current Ulta haul 💗 I also plan on posting my Sephora Black Friday haul and my Ulta Cyber Monday haul once I get that. What did you guys pick up for for Black Friday?
The Celebration Continues 🎉
Who doesn’t love 😍 some super cute cherie merch?! To wrap up our anniversary celebration we’re hosting a giveaway on our @cherie Instagram! Head over to our channel to learn how to enter and win all of these goodies! Act fast, as it ends soon!! See you there 😘😘
Let’s chat hair color!
What is a hair toner? A toner is a semi or demi permanent hair color that either adds or neutralizes tone in your hair- that’s where the word toner comes from. As a colorist, I use a toner on 99% of my blondes. A problem I’ve run into in the past is a new client telling me they do NOT want a toner or that they’ve been told they’re only for fixing mistakes! Let’s pause here. Without a toner your hair color will be what I call “raw blonde” aka whatever your color wants to lift to on its own. This can include uneven color from previous touch ups, or yellow or orange undertones that our hair naturally has. A toner is my weapon to help combat these uneven tones and leave your hair as our desired result. So- next time your stylist uses a toner you can ask, what color are we enhancing today?! The answer might surprise you! Xo
Exclusive Giveaway for My Cherie 🍒Community
Hey Beauty’s 🧖🏽♀️ I’ve been a busy bee 🐝 here in Australia 🇦🇺 and today I opened my online gift hamper store to Australia 🇦🇺 To celebrate I wanted to offer my entire Cherie 🍒 Community an exclusive chance to win one of my Bath & Beauty Gift Hampers (pictured) which includes: 🧚♀️ 2 x K Beauty Calosemi Strawberry Hydration Sheet Masks 🧚♀️ Tanya K Australian Art Series Bath Soak 🛁 500g 🧚♀️ Tanya K Australian Art Series Hand Creme 40g 🧚♀️ Sleep Eye Mask 🧚♀️ Bubbly Me Natural Organic Rose 🌹 Shea Butter 🧈 Bath bomb 🧚♀️ Australian Cockatoo Printed Hand Towel 1. To enter like my business page Gift Therapy on Facebook. @gifttherapyaus 2. Like this post ✅ 3. Follow me here on Cherie 🍒 and leave a comment on this post so I can enter your name in the draw ✍️ my followers please comment below too. 😉 Thank you to everyone who enters and good luck over the next two weeks! Thought I’d offer an Australian themed Giveaway with a K Beauty vibe to our community. Prize will be posted standard post to the Winner. 😁 Cheers 🥂 Jade 😁
Retinol use for beginners from an Esthetician!
If you’re ever wondering how to start using retinol, this is for you! I want to start off by saying that if you’re interested in using retinol you must wear sunscreen daily. If you know you’re never going to wear it PLEASE do not use retinol. With that being said, let’s start off by explaining what retinol is and what it does for you! Retinol is Vitamin A! There are many types of retinol, like retinoids, retinol esters, etc. These are all derivatives of Vitamin A, and are more gentle and less potent versions of pure retinol. Retinol helps speed up our cell turn over rate in our skin. What that means, is that it will help you shed your dead skin cells faster to reveal new skin that’s brighter, smoother and healthier! As we get older, our “cell turnover rate” (CTR) slows down. So we use products like retinol to keep speeding it up so we can stay younger longer! Most people know retinol for treating fine lines and wrinkles, but it’s actually incredible for treating acne and acne scars! This is what I personally use it for. Retinol is strong and acts as an exfoliant so you must be careful with what products you’re using along with it in your regimen. Don’t layer or mix Vit C and retinol as they don’t like each other! Retinol should ONLY be applied at nighttime never in the morning. It makes you photosensitive which is a term to describe sensitivity to the sun. Most people experience some purging in acne, peeling/dryness, redness/irritation, and burning sensations when using a high dose of retinol without buffering it properly. If you use my buffering method properly you will not experience that at all! Now that you understand what you’re putting on your skin, I will explain how to use it! You shouldn’t start retinol by just applying it straight onto your skin without ever using it before. Your skin has to adjust to this new product and should be incorporated gently and slowly. It takes a month for your skin to adjust. You want to buffer your retinol with a gentle moisturizer. Nothing with actives like exfoliants (AHAs or BHAs)! Retinol goes after serums and before moisturizer in your routine! Week 1: use your retinol maximum 2x weekly. Start with one pea size amount of retinol and buffer it with 3 parts of moisturizer! Mix & apply to your skin! Week 2: use your retinol maximum 3x weekly. You’re going to do equal parts retinol and moisturizer. 2 parts retinol and 2 parts moisturizer. Mix & apply to your skin! Week 3: use your retinol maximum 3x weekly. Use 3 parts retinol (equal to a pea size) and 1 part moisturizer. Mix & apply to your skin! Week 4: use your retinol maximum 4x weekly. Apply a pea size amount of retinol directly onto your skin! Then apply your moisturizer directly on top of the retinol! If your skin cant handle retinol alone then stick to the buffering method forever! It will be just as effective as applying it alone! This method will minimize purging and keep your barrier healthy! Hope this helped! ❤️COSRX - Propolis Light Cream
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18