Brighten discolored nails! You should know about these...
Whatever the reason be, none of the girls want to carry an unattractive look. One of the first things people observe in your body is your nails as if they are discolored and it gives a very unappealing look. We don’t want to do that, right? This is why we suggest you know the reasons for your discolored nails and how you can sort them out through some of the easy ways.
We want you to carry your gorgeous look and just because of a smallest factor, your gorgeous look shouldn’t be compromised. This is why, make sure you follow the basics of brightening up your discolored nails and maintaining your beautiful look as usual.
Reasons for Nail Discoloration
There are several reasons for nail discoloration. You must be aware of most of them so that you can relate them to your nails. These reasons include:
- Fungus: It is one of the things that can affect anything like your food, your skin, and even your nails. Yellow and brown nails are a sign of fungus hitting your nails. They make your nails thicker and can cause severe pain too. They develop slowly in one of the nails and start to spread on the others. Treating them is an important task otherwise it will create discomfort and make your nails look bad at the same time.
- Bruising: As the name suggests, it is a bruise to the nail. This can be seen if your nail color turns in to black or purple. It will remain that way until a new nail doesn’t replace the injured one. It occurs if the nail gets hit or something falls on it.
- Trauma: Simple white spots usually caused by wearing small shoes are caused by trauma. They take some time to be removed and can cause pain for some time.
- Inheritance: People inherit psoriasis from their parents. This is why, they have discolored nails. However, it is important to treat them to enhance your look.
- Dangerous cells: The scariest out of all can be black spots. They can be a sign of cancer and should be immediately dealt with by a doctor.
You just can’t let your nail distortion destroy your look. Get a nail biopsy done to know the reason for this and treat it accordingly. There are a few remedies that can be used to prevent nail distortions.
- Finding the right footwear: It is always advisable to wear clean socks along with proper fitting shoes. If you go for something that doesn’t fit your size, it can affect your nails badly. Similarly, walking barefoot is not suggested at all. Use the right footwear to prevent discoloration of your nails.
- Laser treatments: Yes, you heard it right. We often hear about laser treatments for hair and skin but what we are not aware of is laser treatment for nails. It attacks the fungus on the nail bed and helps clean any kind of discolorations on the nail.
- Opting for the right salon: We usually see the opening of new salons everywhere. You should be very careful in selecting your salon as it should take all the cleanliness activities in mind. It should be properly sanitized, use the right tools to prevent any kind of infection.
- Use kitchen products: Product like apple cider vinegar can be very helpful for nails. Research more about products like this and use them more often to brighten your discoloration of nails.
Do use these tips to brighten your discolored nails and do let us know if they provided you some sort of relief or not.
Wash Face Test to determine your skin type!🥰
The trick to healthy skincare is knowing your skin. That is the only way to identify the appropriate skincare products tailor made for your skin type. Not all skin is created equal. So, it is important for you to know your skin's natural state. Here is a quick and easy way to determine your skin type. The wash face test 🧼 Wash your face 🛑 Do not apply any product after washing face ⏰ Wait for 2 hours After 2 hours, examine how your skin feels. Your skin type is Normal: if no oil or flakes. Oily: if skin is shiny all over. Dry: if skin feels tight or flakes Combo: T-zone oily, dry/normal everywhere else on face That is it! I lucked out with a combination skin type. sigh! My cheeks are always dry while that T-zone is dripping oil!! Always a struggle finding the right balance of products to maintain a healthy glow. However, if I manage to do it so can you!! Now go ahead, try the wash test to find out your skin type!! xoxo, IG: @theculderm
🌟Creator Spotlight 🏷Beauty Year-in-review
Check out@jassintadoepost on her exploration on balancing family, creative work, and self-care in 2020. Share your own journey in 🏷 Beauty Year-in-review “From starting 2020 with a seven day old newborn baby and all the crazy hormones and changes to my body, skin and hair which goes with a new baby (yes, this is why I look exhausted and have something spilt on my top in the February photo 🙈😂) to a global pandemic which resulted in my husband working from home and suddenly needing to learn how to homeschool my older daughter this year has been crazy and challenging to adjust and find the right balance.”
3 Easy Ways to Volumize Your Hair
Hair concerns: Flat, Thin These are my 3 quick, go-to hair tips for volumizing my hair! This is great for when you’re on the go and don’t have too much time on your hands. 1. Use a Root Volumizer Hot Tool (Bed Head Little Tease Hair Crimper for Outrageous Texture and Volume) - Using this root volumizer hot tool will give you the volume of teased hair without the tangled knots and hairspray. It works by making small crimps or waves in your hair and gives your roots volume from the texture it creates. Just make sure to cover your roots with a layer of hair to conceal the textured areas. - Directions: Clamp the hot tool at your roots, brush it out with your fingers, and cover it with a layer of hair. Spray a moderate amount of hair spray to keep it in place. 2. Dry Shampoo - Thin, flat hair usually looks lifeless because of the lack of texture and thinness of the hair shaft. This means that having freshly washed hair can actually be your worst enemy if you’re going for a volumized look. Adding in a hair product can help at the roots by allowing for your hair to be styled into place. You can use any texturizing spray to do so, but I like to use dry shampoo especially for second-hair days! It helps soak up the oils in my hair as well as volumizing my roots. - Directions: Use any dry shampoo your own and spray onto your roots and brush it out. 3. Hair Extensions - Adding hair extensions onto your head will effortlessly give the illusion that your hair is much thicker than it actually is. The added layers will make the roots of your hair appear uplifted. You can choose from lengthening hair extensions (like mine) or extensions that match your hair length. Either way, it’ll make your hair on your head look much fuller. - Directions: Use clip-in hair extensions and clip it onto your roots. Cover the clip-ins with a layer of hair and spray hairspray it to keep it in place. #cheriepartner #sponsored
Introducing Cherie’s Spotlight! 🌟
Hi cherie fam! We've updated our Leaderboard into a new, more inclusive program now called Cherie Spotlight! Starting November 23rd, every two-weeks, cherie will spotlight and award free beauty prizes to new and contributing users & creators in our community at random in an effort to show more diverse content and celebrate everyone in our cherie community. The first winners of Cherie's Spotlight will be announced on December 7th and every two-weeks, we will choose several winners for each category - New on Cherie, Cherie Convos, and Cherie's Picks! New on Cherie ￼Cherie will randomly choose several users who are new to the cherie community and have posted in the current round to win a free beauty prize! Cherie Convos ￼Cherie will randomly choose several users who have created into those week's Cherie Convos topics. ￼Each week's Cherie Convos topics can be found at the top of the Discover page in the banners and on @cherie! Cherie’s Picks ￼Cherie will award our top picks of the most engaging recent posts on cherie. There's no sign-up needed, just post to participate! Happy posting and good luck!! 🌟💫
HOW TO: AT-HOME BLOWOUT
At-home blowouts are the future of hair styling! Ever since I went to Dry Bar a year ago to get a blowout for $80 (which is just ridiculous in my opinion), I’ve been mastering my at-home blowout. I purchased the Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hair Dryer at Ulta which completely changed the game for my hair after shower hair routine! REVLON - One-Step Volumizer Hair Dryer Bonus Tip: Remember to spray a heat protectant in your hair before drying it. 😊 OUAI - Heat Protection Spray To get max volume and flipped ends, I take 1 inch sections and start at the root of my hair. I go as slowly as possible so that all of my roots are dry. Next, I twist the brush so that my hair is wrapped around it all the way down the section of hair. I repeat this process until I reach the top of my head. Lastly, I take a straightener to flatten any flyaways or unwanted curls if there are any left. That’s it! In total, the entire process takes me about 20 minutes. My hair feels so soft, light, and looks amazing afterwards. The next time you think about going to purchase a blowout, I recommend trying it at home first! 💕
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18
Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Bundles Under $30Stuff their stockings or wrap it up as the main event; either way, these beauty bundles are sure to bring some delight to anyones holiday!Nov. 11
Top Tips for Taking Amazing Photos Indoors✨ Cherie Creator 101We're so excited to welcome you back to today's newest edition of cherie creator 101! Our community is always sharing such amazing photos and beauty insights and we love seeing all of your posts. In this edition of creator 101, we will be letting you in on some tips and tricks for taking high-quality, well-lit photos at home. Get ready to master your photo taking skills and snap some amazing product shots and selfies!Oct. 22