Brighten discolored nails! You should know about these...
Aug. 10, 2020
Whatever the reason be, none of the girls want to carry an unattractive look. One of the first things people observe in your body is your nails as if they are discolored and it gives a very unappealing look. We don’t want to do that, right? This is why we suggest you know the reasons for your discolored nails and how you can sort them out through some of the easy ways.
We want you to carry your gorgeous look and just because of a smallest factor, your gorgeous look shouldn’t be compromised. This is why, make sure you follow the basics of brightening up your discolored nails and maintaining your beautiful look as usual.
Reasons for Nail Discoloration
There are several reasons for nail discoloration. You must be aware of most of them so that you can relate them to your nails. These reasons include:
- Fungus: It is one of the things that can affect anything like your food, your skin, and even your nails. Yellow and brown nails are a sign of fungus hitting your nails. They make your nails thicker and can cause severe pain too. They develop slowly in one of the nails and start to spread on the others. Treating them is an important task otherwise it will create discomfort and make your nails look bad at the same time.
- Bruising: As the name suggests, it is a bruise to the nail. This can be seen if your nail color turns in to black or purple. It will remain that way until a new nail doesn’t replace the injured one. It occurs if the nail gets hit or something falls on it.
- Trauma: Simple white spots usually caused by wearing small shoes are caused by trauma. They take some time to be removed and can cause pain for some time.
- Inheritance: People inherit psoriasis from their parents. This is why, they have discolored nails. However, it is important to treat them to enhance your look.
- Dangerous cells: The scariest out of all can be black spots. They can be a sign of cancer and should be immediately dealt with by a doctor.
You just can’t let your nail distortion destroy your look. Get a nail biopsy done to know the reason for this and treat it accordingly. There are a few remedies that can be used to prevent nail distortions.
- Finding the right footwear: It is always advisable to wear clean socks along with proper fitting shoes. If you go for something that doesn’t fit your size, it can affect your nails badly. Similarly, walking barefoot is not suggested at all. Use the right footwear to prevent discoloration of your nails.
- Laser treatments: Yes, you heard it right. We often hear about laser treatments for hair and skin but what we are not aware of is laser treatment for nails. It attacks the fungus on the nail bed and helps clean any kind of discolorations on the nail.
- Opting for the right salon: We usually see the opening of new salons everywhere. You should be very careful in selecting your salon as it should take all the cleanliness activities in mind. It should be properly sanitized, use the right tools to prevent any kind of infection.
- Use kitchen products: Product like apple cider vinegar can be very helpful for nails. Research more about products like this and use them more often to brighten your discoloration of nails.
Do use these tips to brighten your discolored nails and do let us know if they provided you some sort of relief or not.
Wednesday Wellness 🙏🏾
This past week has been rather hard and long for me. I ultimately decided to get back on track with my wellness plan. My main wellness goal for 2021, is to indulge in myself more. I definitely am a firm believe in “as within, so without”. I started my day with: #Four Sigmatic - Mushroom Elixir Mix with Chaga[products]#[FiveStars] I have been getting back into adaptogen and herbal medicine. What we put into our bodies is just as important as what goes on the outside. Adaptogens are apart of ancient medicinal traditions traced all over the world. I also drink Tulsi “Holy Basil” Tea. If you need a pick me up or emotional boost I highly recommend! SUNDAY RILEY - U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil is my treatment of choice I used during the day. Do not be afraid to use salicylic acid during the day. I applied plenty of sunscreen afterwards as well! This is a GODSEND for clearing up acne and acne scarring. It’s by far the best acne treatment I’ve tried and its mostly due to the immediate results I get. This is a dry oil, so it should be used before a heavy moisturizer or sunscreen. THE BODY SHOP - Spa of the World Thai Makrut Lime Firming Oil is a staple in my night time routine. When I want to relax and really unwind I use a body roller with this oil. It smells like a fresh key lime pie and it’s so hydrating. This is great for firming, especially when paired with a body tool. What do you do for wellness?
Double Your Lash Length With Sky High Mascara!
I bought this mascara after seeing a post about it on Facebook. I love trying out new mascaras but rarely do I find one that I will use regularly like my beloved tarte - Maneater Mascara However this stuff is good. MAYBELLINE - Lash Sensational Sky High Waterproof Mascara It gave my lashes so much volume & length they literally doubled in size! My lashes are already pretty long to begin with but this made them look amazing. The photo is after applying only one coat so I can only imagine how good they will look after two or three coats! It also didn’t clump up my lashes at all. I applied it really quickly & lazily too because I was in a rush to get ready & I was still amazed! I honestly think this is going to be my new daily mascara. It is waterproof but not the annoying kind that leaves your eyes completely black when you go to take it off. It came off really easily with my POND'S - Facial Moisturizers Dry Skin Cream which is what I’ve always used to remove my eye makeup, since I was a kid! @cherie@Cheriebeauty@CheriePick
Black Owned Makeup Look
So I decided to use the products I pictured in my first photo (minus my highlight shade and lipstick) I used the #Ace Beaute - Nostalgia Palette[products]#[FiveStars] for my entire eye look. I definitely enjoyed these products. My only advice is to shake the UOMA BEAUTY - Say What?! Foundation before use (because it can come out watery) but the coverage is absolutely flawless. I was shocked with the consistency the coverage I got. What’s your favorite black owned brands? (I do not own right to the song)
Clear skin the gentle way?
Thank you @cheriefor this amazing gift 🤩 “buh-koo-chee-all” HERBIVORE - Bakuchiol Anti-Aging Serum I’ve already become a diehard Herbivore lover. So to receive this beauty was super exciting. When I started my acne journey on Cherie I was (and still am) a Differin Acne Gel stan. This was my choice of retinol and I wanted it strong to treat acne and boost my cellular turnover. Now that my acne is currently under control and it’s getting hot again, I definitely want something smooth and gentle. Bakuchiol is a gentler alternative to the very popular ingredient retinol. So essentially you’ll get overall youthful results for your skin. I haven’t tested this on my acne theory yet, but overall my face has been smooth and irritation free. This serum does not have a smell which I love for products of this caliber. I also love that it’s light and not drying at all. I use this at night and since i have a tolerance to retinol I use it every night. I haven’t been using it long enough to see results (about 12 weeks) but I definitely can’t wait to finish this. Have you tried Bakuchiol?
DISAPPOINTED BY THESE 100% NATURAL PRODUCTS 😩
I was so excited to try these out because I love moisturizers & I am always in search of a good one! These looked & sounded very promising! They’re from a woman owned company, completely natural, vegan, & cruelty free! However, I was quite disappointed. EARTH HARBOR - MERMAID MILK Nutrient Glow Moisturizer This moisturizer claims to give you a glow right away & it contains spirulina + matcha. I was excited about the matcha because it has so many amazing benefits for skin. It has a very whipped consistency which I like. However it always contains essential oils that were strong, although not toooo strong for my liking. But I’m really just not a fan of essential oils in my face creams. The moisturizer did make my skin appear a little brighter but the cream just sat on my face. All day long I could touch my face & still feel the cream sitting there! I hate that feeling! It also almost gave me a greasy appearance after a while? Not a fan. EARTH HARBOR - SIREN SILK Multi-Tasking Hydration Creme This one was absolutely awful. If I could give it 0 stars I would. It says to use it at night time & the apply it at least 5 minutes before bed so it can absorb on your face & not your pillow. It contains Sea Retinol + other Superherbs which normally make me love a product! But that just wasn’t enough here. First, when I put it on my face my eyes started to actually burn & I felt suffocated from the scent. It was THAT strong. Guys, I’m not being dramatic at all. The smell like attacked me it was crazy! I have never had something like that happen with a face cream! I couldn’t believe how strong the fragrance was. & to top it off, it wasn’t even a pretty smell. My husband described it as smelling like floor cleaner. But I powered through. The longer I had it on, the more “used” to the smell I got. So, I wore it overnight. But then I woke up even more upset with it! I had pilling all over my face. It almost looked like my face was peeling but it wasn’t, it was jus the cream. One thing I cannot stand about a moisturizer is pulling. That’s enough for me to throw it out! It also didn’t really even moisturize my face that well! All in all, I hated this experience. But if you want, you should try them out for yourself, don’t let my experience deter you from trying something new! I however, will be sticking with my Youth To The People Dream Mask & Superfood Whipped Moisturizer! Love those two!! YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream 💗💗💗 @cherie@Cheriebeauty@CheriePick
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24, 2020
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18, 2020
Dermotologist Advice You Don't Want To MissA roundup of the best tips from cherie's derm panel with Dr. Mina and Dr. Cula.Jan. 21