The Most Common Mistakes People Make When Wearing Gel Polish
Jul. 30, 2020
Gel polish is popular because it’s a long-lasting, strong, polish that can withstand the day to day hand washing and work of working women. When the craft is perfected, a gel manicure can last two weeks or longer, but there are many mistakes people make that keep them from getting that perfect finish.
1. Your hands aren’t completely dry or clean. Any moisture, oils, lotion, or dirt on your nails will keep the polish from attaching itself to your nail. They’ll end up popping and being easily picked off.2. You’ve gotten polish on your skin without leaving a space between the polish and cuticle. Anything on your skin will cure under the light and if the polish is smooth from nail to the skin, it will almost always peel up and lead to the entire cured polish to come off soon after drying. 3. You forget to cap the free edge or you only do it with the topcoat. Probably one of the most important steps, capping the free edge (getting some of the polish on the very tip of your nail) will seal the color and keep it from leaking/shrinking under the light. It will also help it from peeling after you’re finished and promote a long-lasting manicure.4. You made the coats too thick. When it comes to gel polish, less is more. You don’t want the polish to go on too thick because it might not dry completely under your light. Also, it can result in air bubbles popping up when you pull your hand back, which means you’ll have to start all over. It can also leave streaks and lead to bleeding of the polish into your skin.
5. You didn’t fix your mistakes BEFORE curing your nails. It’s important that you take a good look at your nails after each coat to make sure you’re not about to cure any mistakes onto your nail or skin. Completely wipe off anything that’s on your skin first. If there are air bubbles, scratches, or you knocked the nail against your lamp, wipe the nail and start again.
6. You forgot to wipe the nail at the end. Even salons and estheticians often make this mistake! If you’re walking away after completion and your nails are sticky, it’s because you need to wipe with alcohol when you finish the topcoat (unless the topcoat says “no wipe”). Otherwise, that stickiness won’t go away, dirt will stick to it, and you’ll end up having to soak and start all over.
7. You’re too rough on your hands. Gel nails are thicker and harder to chip, but they’re not impenetrable. If you work in a business where you wash your hands often (or the over-use of sanitizer), the chemicals can eat away at the polish and lead to premature chipping. Try to wear gloves when washing dishes or when you can, and find soaps and sanitizers that have less alcohol or other tough chemicals in them.
8. You nervously pick at your nails or play with a snag instead of filing it away. After spending all that time perfecting your nails, stop playing with them or picking at the tiny chips. It will always lead to you prematurely pulling the polish off, which can harm your nail underneath and stip away important nutrients. If it’s a nervous habit, find something else to pick at, such as a fidget spinner or a ring.
9. You’re not patient. You’ll eventually learn how to get the perfect system in place to get those nails done right the first time, but until then, be patient. Go slow and give yourself the time you need to get the most out of your gel polish.
DISAPPOINTED BY THESE 100% NATURAL PRODUCTS 😩
I was so excited to try these out because I love moisturizers & I am always in search of a good one! These looked & sounded very promising! They’re from a woman owned company, completely natural, vegan, & cruelty free! However, I was quite disappointed. EARTH HARBOR - MERMAID MILK Nutrient Glow Moisturizer This moisturizer claims to give you a glow right away & it contains spirulina + matcha. I was excited about the matcha because it has so many amazing benefits for skin. It has a very whipped consistency which I like. However it always contains essential oils that were strong, although not toooo strong for my liking. But I’m really just not a fan of essential oils in my face creams. The moisturizer did make my skin appear a little brighter but the cream just sat on my face. All day long I could touch my face & still feel the cream sitting there! I hate that feeling! It also almost gave me a greasy appearance after a while? Not a fan. EARTH HARBOR - SIREN SILK Multi-Tasking Hydration Creme This one was absolutely awful. If I could give it 0 stars I would. It says to use it at night time & the apply it at least 5 minutes before bed so it can absorb on your face & not your pillow. It contains Sea Retinol + other Superherbs which normally make me love a product! But that just wasn’t enough here. First, when I put it on my face my eyes started to actually burn & I felt suffocated from the scent. It was THAT strong. Guys, I’m not being dramatic at all. The smell like attacked me it was crazy! I have never had something like that happen with a face cream! I couldn’t believe how strong the fragrance was. & to top it off, it wasn’t even a pretty smell. My husband described it as smelling like floor cleaner. But I powered through. The longer I had it on, the more “used” to the smell I got. So, I wore it overnight. But then I woke up even more upset with it! I had pilling all over my face. It almost looked like my face was peeling but it wasn’t, it was jus the cream. One thing I cannot stand about a moisturizer is pulling. That’s enough for me to throw it out! It also didn’t really even moisturize my face that well! All in all, I hated this experience. But if you want, you should try them out for yourself, don’t let my experience deter you from trying something new! I however, will be sticking with my Youth To The People Dream Mask & Superfood Whipped Moisturizer! Love those two!! YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream 💗💗💗 @cherie@Cheriebeauty@CheriePick
Skin Barrier Skin Savior 🙏🏾
Thank you @cheriefor this amazing gift 🤩🤩 Something thing I am very particular about is my moisturizer. My skin barrier tends need the extra TLC and the best thing to give it is moisture. So when I look for a moisturizer I need something that gives me instant hydration and doesn’t clog my pores. So when I received the : BASE BUTTER - Radiate Face Jelly Aloe Vera Gel Face Moisturizer I was so excited! The Brand : ✨Black Owned ✨Women Owned ✨Cruelty Free ✨Non-Comedogenic ✨Vegan ✨Paraben Free 🔑 Ingredients : ✨Aloe Vera Juice ✨Shea Butter ✨Evening Primrose Oil Okay, as you can see your girl woke up DULL! The only thing I did for this video was wash my face and use this to show y’all the transformation! I was using this EVERY night but last night I used my acne treatment routine and your girl FELT THAT (salicylic acid can be so drying to my combo skin). What’s my favorite part? This baby doesn’t have a smell or heavy greasy feel, so it perfect year round! At $21 this is a DEAL ! (The line I used on my cheek covered the entire bottom portion of my face!) Have you tried this brand?
At Home Exfoliating Facial ✨✨
So I recently received the Mimi Co Exfoliating Wand via IG PR. I couldn’t wait to do a full facial and I decided to do it tonight. Order: I purchased a steamer from Amazon for $23 and I’m obsessed with it (DM me for product info). I started with UpCircle - Cleansing Face Balm With Apricot Powder As my oil cleanse to get my sunscreen from today off and any other oils and dirts. INDIE LEE - Purifying Face Wash This cleanser is perfect for getting dirts and oils from skin as well. It’s not drying and it’s totally worth it! I paired it with a face cleansing scrub brush, I also purchased from Amazon. I love it and I paid around $20 for it as well! It doubles the vibration frequency put out by Foreo. CLARISMA - Namaste Glow Energizing Face Mask This was the mask I chose for the enzyme properties. This breaks down dirts and oils in pores and dead skin cells. I also steamed my face during this time. Follain - Toning Mist: Balance + Prime This was what I sprayed over my face for the prep for my exfoliating wand. I didn’t have a true medium and I am out of Aloe Vera plants so😭 I then exfoliated with my wand starting at my cheeks and working upward and then to my forehead. I went down and to the sides of my nose. Glow slow! innisfree - Jeju Lava Seawater Lotion I used the toner to cleanse my skin and get any dirts left over from me exfoliating. SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask I use this as my hydrating mask. I took the back of my Mimi Co Wand on switched to the Moisturizing Setting. I gently slid upwards my entire face for the last 2 mins only and then wiped the mask off with a damp cloth. earthtoskin - Tea Time Anti Aging Eye Cream This is the most hydrating eye cream I own. I used this with the back of my cleansing brush on the heat setting! Yes it made my eye feel so hydrated and relaxed. fresh - Lotus Anti-Aging Night Moisturizer This was the final step as a good moisturizer seals in everything! To prevent acne I use the SUNDAY RILEY - U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil as my last step. I didn’t use an astringent type toner, so I wanted to still treat my skin💚
Double Your Lash Length With Sky High Mascara!
I bought this mascara after seeing a post about it on Facebook. I love trying out new mascaras but rarely do I find one that I will use regularly like my beloved tarte - Maneater Mascara However this stuff is good. MAYBELLINE - Lash Sensational Sky High Waterproof Mascara It gave my lashes so much volume & length they literally doubled in size! My lashes are already pretty long to begin with but this made them look amazing. The photo is after applying only one coat so I can only imagine how good they will look after two or three coats! It also didn’t clump up my lashes at all. I applied it really quickly & lazily too because I was in a rush to get ready & I was still amazed! I honestly think this is going to be my new daily mascara. It is waterproof but not the annoying kind that leaves your eyes completely black when you go to take it off. It came off really easily with my POND'S - Facial Moisturizers Dry Skin Cream which is what I’ve always used to remove my eye makeup, since I was a kid! @cherie@Cheriebeauty@CheriePick
Stay Young Forever? ✨
That’d be great right? Well in taking those steps, I definitely recommend these amazing serums. I was gifted the: Intoxicated Cosmetics: Snake Serum Bee Serum Snail Serum I started using the Snail Serum last night first and wow did I notice a difference. The Snail Serum mainly targets dryness. I used this in place of my usual night time serum and boy did I notice a difference. I N G R E D I E N T S : All Serums contain: ✨Niacinamide Bee Serum: Bee Venom Plant Based Stem Cells Royal Epigen Snake Serum Snake Venom Green & White Tea Extract Peptides Snail Serum Snail Peptide Hyadisine Echinacea Moronga Oil Extract I definitely will try the other serums in my routine as I get used to the Snail Serum but so far my skin is definitely happy. What serum would you like to try?
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24, 2020
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18, 2020
The Ultimate Valentine's Day Pamper/Gift GuideShow yourself (or your beaux) some love with these luxurious beauty picks.Feb. 12