The Most Common Mistakes People Make When Wearing Gel Polish
Gel polish is popular because it’s a long-lasting, strong, polish that can withstand the day to day hand washing and work of working women. When the craft is perfected, a gel manicure can last two weeks or longer, but there are many mistakes people make that keep them from getting that perfect finish.
1. Your hands aren’t completely dry or clean. Any moisture, oils, lotion, or dirt on your nails will keep the polish from attaching itself to your nail. They’ll end up popping and being easily picked off.2. You’ve gotten polish on your skin without leaving a space between the polish and cuticle. Anything on your skin will cure under the light and if the polish is smooth from nail to the skin, it will almost always peel up and lead to the entire cured polish to come off soon after drying. 3. You forget to cap the free edge or you only do it with the topcoat. Probably one of the most important steps, capping the free edge (getting some of the polish on the very tip of your nail) will seal the color and keep it from leaking/shrinking under the light. It will also help it from peeling after you’re finished and promote a long-lasting manicure.4. You made the coats too thick. When it comes to gel polish, less is more. You don’t want the polish to go on too thick because it might not dry completely under your light. Also, it can result in air bubbles popping up when you pull your hand back, which means you’ll have to start all over. It can also leave streaks and lead to bleeding of the polish into your skin.
5. You didn’t fix your mistakes BEFORE curing your nails. It’s important that you take a good look at your nails after each coat to make sure you’re not about to cure any mistakes onto your nail or skin. Completely wipe off anything that’s on your skin first. If there are air bubbles, scratches, or you knocked the nail against your lamp, wipe the nail and start again.
6. You forgot to wipe the nail at the end. Even salons and estheticians often make this mistake! If you’re walking away after completion and your nails are sticky, it’s because you need to wipe with alcohol when you finish the topcoat (unless the topcoat says “no wipe”). Otherwise, that stickiness won’t go away, dirt will stick to it, and you’ll end up having to soak and start all over.
7. You’re too rough on your hands. Gel nails are thicker and harder to chip, but they’re not impenetrable. If you work in a business where you wash your hands often (or the over-use of sanitizer), the chemicals can eat away at the polish and lead to premature chipping. Try to wear gloves when washing dishes or when you can, and find soaps and sanitizers that have less alcohol or other tough chemicals in them.
8. You nervously pick at your nails or play with a snag instead of filing it away. After spending all that time perfecting your nails, stop playing with them or picking at the tiny chips. It will always lead to you prematurely pulling the polish off, which can harm your nail underneath and stip away important nutrients. If it’s a nervous habit, find something else to pick at, such as a fidget spinner or a ring.
9. You’re not patient. You’ll eventually learn how to get the perfect system in place to get those nails done right the first time, but until then, be patient. Go slow and give yourself the time you need to get the most out of your gel polish.
🧡Creator Roundup 🏷 Beauty Year-in-review
Check out these creators’ profiles to see their beauty journeys in 2020! Creator: @Ren14 “What Stayed🍾Cooluli - Classic 4 Liter Small Mini Fridge Cooluli Skincare Fridge: I adore my little fridge! It feels so good to have chilled serums, especially in the morning! I love it so much that I’m thinking I’m going to get a bigger one so I can add more products in! Truly a must have for a skincare lover! Also, the fridge can warm up products too!” Creator:@LindseyRR “2020 is the year I think we all will remember forever. Everything in our lives changed and things have been incredibly difficult. The entire world had a health crisis, so many of our loved ones are no longer here. I myself am taking a journey with a health crisis of my own but as hard as 2020 has been, it has also been INCREDIBLE.” Creator: @briordan2000 “This year has definitely been a wild ride. I’ve learned so much more about my hair and skin in this last year than I ever thought I would or needed to know!“
Dermatologist opinion: caffeine eye cream
THE inkey LIST - Caffeine Eye Cream Why I like the Inkeylist caffeine eye cream: ✔️ Lightweight texture blends very easily ✔️ Hydrating ✔️ Can help reduce puffiness ✔️ Antioxidant ingredients help fight off free radicals from the sun and pollution ✔️ Can help improve the appearance of dark circles ✔️ Fragrance free- no smell to it! ✔️ Affordable ✨ It is one of my favorite go-to eye creams because of the caffeine which really helps with my puffy eyes in the morning and has helped with my dark circles. I also really like that it blends in easily, is fragrance free, and affordable. I like using this once a day in the morning but this can be used twice a day. I like using it in the mornings because it really helps with my puffy eyes (which is worse in the morning for me!). I notice an immediate effect on the puffiness around my eyes. It took a few weeks to notice the improvement on my dark circles. What do you think about this eye cream? Comment below!
Hyaluronic Acid 101 x DermDoctor
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a humectant that famously holds 1000 times its weight in water. It pulls in water from the environment and from the deeper layers of your skin. This ingredient seems to be ubiquitous in skincare products nowadays and it can be found in a lot of moisturizers. Benefits: -Immediately plumps the skin, softening fine lines and wrinkles -Hydrates the skin (specifically high-molecular-weight HA) -Assists in wound healing Dermatologist Tips: -Hyaluronic acid is your first step after cleansing -Must be applied to damp skin! -If you live in a dry climate, make sure to moisturize immediately after -Can be used once or twice a day -Safe to layer with most other skincare ingredients My Top Picks: VICHY - Minéral 89 Face Serum This contains a high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid, which has moisturizing properties and sits on the surface of the skin without causing inflammation. It contains only 11 ingredients making it ideal for people with sensitive skin (like me). Also, Vichy’s proprietary volcanic water has actually been studied and proven to have skin protective and healing properties THE inkey LIST - Hyaluronic Acid Serum The price point here is unbeatable. Again, with a simple ingredient list, you’re unlikely to run into issues with allergy or irritation. This contains a multi-molecular-weight HA, which allows you reap additional benefits, in addition to hydration and plumping. This also has matrixyl 3000 peptide, which can stimulate collagen synthesis Neutrogena - Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Serum Both high and low-molecular weight hyaluronic acid for added benefits. This also contains glycerin (another amazing humectant) and vitamin B5 (an amazing anti-oxidant) NATURIUM - Quadruple Hyaluronic Acid Serum 5% A great option fragrance-free, cruelty-free option from Naturium! This contains multi-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid that hydrates, plumps, and repairs the skin. #CheriePartner
Worth the hype! Sunday Riley resurfacing duo
SUNDAY RILEY - Good Genes All in One Lactic Acid Treatment SUNDAY RILEY - Pink Drink Firming Resurfacing Essence in full transparency: i was originally sent these products for a paid campaign. i always test out products before i make my reccomendation , but this post is to reinforce my love for the products. ive been using this duo for almost 2 months now & it has definitely improved the texture/look of my skin. i was hyping this product on my IG & this post is just to say that yes its still worth the hype!!!
✨Cute Bun Hairstyle✨
Hi Guys!!! I recently saw this scrolling on Pinterest and I wanted to recreate it! It’s SO easy and took about 5 minutes total!! It looks so fancy yet it’s so simple! I have medium to thin hair but this can work on pretty much all hair types! (: (tip: spray texture spray beforehand) this helps it stay in better!)☺️ HOW TO: -I like to pull my bangs out first (: - you’re going to section it as if you’re doing a half up half down hairstyle -then you’re going to start twisting that part of your hair -I twist it around like I’m doing a ballerina bun😅 -then I secure it with a hair tie ❤️ -you can leave like that! Or I like to pull it out a little so it’s more loose!✨😊
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18
Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Bundles Under $30Stuff their stockings or wrap it up as the main event; either way, these beauty bundles are sure to bring some delight to anyones holiday!Nov. 11