How to Wear a Lace Front Wig – A Beginner’s Guide
Wigs are definitely having a moment in the beauty industry. For a long time, wigs have only been seen on celebrities (and maybe our grandmas or aunties) but now it seems like everyone and their mom has a lace front. The surge in popularity of lace front wigs can be attributed to the rise of the online influencer. Celebrity culture has been unattainable for decades, but the emergence of social media stars has given us easy access to content we couldn’t have consumed before. Hair stylists and wig connoisseurs alike showcase their talents for the masses on social media platforms.
If you are familiar with wigs, then you’ll know that there are a variety from frontals to full lace to U-part. Recently, lace fronts have come back into style because they offer a more natural look. The hairline on good lace front wigs make the hairline look almost undetectable and lace front gives you the freedom to part the hair anywhere you want. They also give you more versatility when it comes to hair color, cut, shape and style. There is a lace front wig in virtually any style you could think of. With lace front wigs, trying out a new color won’t leave your natural hair damaged. If you’re looking to switch up your style with this versatile option, then learning how to wear it correctly is crucial.
There is definitely a right and wrong way to wear a lace front wig. Worn the wrong way it will look bad – you don’t want to be that girl with her lace showing. Beyond that, lace fronts can also cause major damage to the hair and scalp. Thing like using the wrong glue can lead to infection and hair loss. Avoid damaging your natural hair by following these helpful tips.
- Prepare the Skin – The very first thing you must do before applying a lace front wig is prepare the skin by washing it with a gentle cleanser and using a cotton ball with a small amount of alcohol to wipe across the hairline. This will remove any excess oil.
- Secure your Natural Hair – If your hair is longer, then you’ll need to cornrow it in order to maintain that flat look. If you have shorter hair you may be able to just wrap it. After braiding or wrapping the hair, apply a wig cap to help flatten your hair and keep the wig in place. This is one of the most important steps because if you have a bad foundation, then the rest of the process will be much more difficult.
- Apply Adhesive – Before applying your first layer of glue make sure to try the wig on and see if the hairline aligns with yours. The type of adhesive you use is important because using the wrong type of glue can lead to severe damage. Make sure the type of glue you’re using is made specifically for lace front wigs and do a small patch test beforehand to ensure you don’t have any reactions to the product. After checking the hairline of the wig and the adhesive, apply the first layer of glue with a small brush spreading it evenly across the hairline and blow-dry it. Apply a second layer of glue and blow-dry until tacky and clear. Do not install the wig if the glue is still white.
- Install the Wig – Apply some freeze spray to help secure the wig and once it dries, pull the wig on. Adjust the edges so that the hairlines match and make sure that the back of the wig hangs naturally over your hair.
- Make some Adjustments – Now that the wig is secure, trim the lace with a pair of hair cutting shears and apply some concealer in order to blend the knots with your skin tone. This will give a more natural look. If you want baby hairs, pull out a few strands of hair by the hairline and cut with a razor. Use a styling product to lay your edges, tie a scarf around it and let it sit for a couple minutes. Now you can style the wig anyway you want!
- Removal – Wigs can be worn for longer periods of time, but it’s not recommended that you wear them for longer than six weeks at a time. Some adhesives are only made for short-term use, so the amount of time you should wear a wig depends on the type of adhesive you use. Once its time to remove your wig make sure to use an adhesive remover to make the process easier. Gently removing the wig will help to avoid any damage.
Although lace fronts may feel like an easy, low maintenance style don’t forget to take care of your natural hair. Wigs can be a fun accessory, but it’s important to still care for your hair when trying out a new style.
🧡Creator Roundup 🏷 Beauty Year-in-review
Check out these creators’ profiles to see their beauty journeys in 2020! Creator: @Ren14 “What Stayed🍾Cooluli - Classic 4 Liter Small Mini Fridge Cooluli Skincare Fridge: I adore my little fridge! It feels so good to have chilled serums, especially in the morning! I love it so much that I’m thinking I’m going to get a bigger one so I can add more products in! Truly a must have for a skincare lover! Also, the fridge can warm up products too!” Creator:@LindseyRR “2020 is the year I think we all will remember forever. Everything in our lives changed and things have been incredibly difficult. The entire world had a health crisis, so many of our loved ones are no longer here. I myself am taking a journey with a health crisis of my own but as hard as 2020 has been, it has also been INCREDIBLE.” Creator: @briordan2000 “This year has definitely been a wild ride. I’ve learned so much more about my hair and skin in this last year than I ever thought I would or needed to know!“
A Year in review!
This year has definitely been a wild ride. I’ve learned so much more about my hair and skin in this last year than I ever thought I would or needed to know! All the way from using witch hazel and not paying attention to my curl pattern, to staying completely fragrance free with face products and staying away from harsh toners and paying attention to what my hair was trying to do! Using this app has really opened doors for me that I wouldn’t thought possible for my beauty process! I can’t wait to see what more years bring me, and us! Thank you @cherie!
3 Easy Ways to Volumize Your Hair
Hair concerns: Flat, Thin These are my 3 quick, go-to hair tips for volumizing my hair! This is great for when you’re on the go and don’t have too much time on your hands. 1. Use a Root Volumizer Hot Tool (Bed Head Little Tease Hair Crimper for Outrageous Texture and Volume) - Using this root volumizer hot tool will give you the volume of teased hair without the tangled knots and hairspray. It works by making small crimps or waves in your hair and gives your roots volume from the texture it creates. Just make sure to cover your roots with a layer of hair to conceal the textured areas. - Directions: Clamp the hot tool at your roots, brush it out with your fingers, and cover it with a layer of hair. Spray a moderate amount of hair spray to keep it in place. 2. Dry Shampoo - Thin, flat hair usually looks lifeless because of the lack of texture and thinness of the hair shaft. This means that having freshly washed hair can actually be your worst enemy if you’re going for a volumized look. Adding in a hair product can help at the roots by allowing for your hair to be styled into place. You can use any texturizing spray to do so, but I like to use dry shampoo especially for second-hair days! It helps soak up the oils in my hair as well as volumizing my roots. - Directions: Use any dry shampoo your own and spray onto your roots and brush it out. 3. Hair Extensions - Adding hair extensions onto your head will effortlessly give the illusion that your hair is much thicker than it actually is. The added layers will make the roots of your hair appear uplifted. You can choose from lengthening hair extensions (like mine) or extensions that match your hair length. Either way, it’ll make your hair on your head look much fuller. - Directions: Use clip-in hair extensions and clip it onto your roots. Cover the clip-ins with a layer of hair and spray hairspray it to keep it in place. #cheriepartner #sponsored
Dermatologist opinion: caffeine eye cream
THE inkey LIST - Caffeine Eye Cream Why I like the Inkeylist caffeine eye cream: ✔️ Lightweight texture blends very easily ✔️ Hydrating ✔️ Can help reduce puffiness ✔️ Antioxidant ingredients help fight off free radicals from the sun and pollution ✔️ Can help improve the appearance of dark circles ✔️ Fragrance free- no smell to it! ✔️ Affordable ✨ It is one of my favorite go-to eye creams because of the caffeine which really helps with my puffy eyes in the morning and has helped with my dark circles. I also really like that it blends in easily, is fragrance free, and affordable. I like using this once a day in the morning but this can be used twice a day. I like using it in the mornings because it really helps with my puffy eyes (which is worse in the morning for me!). I notice an immediate effect on the puffiness around my eyes. It took a few weeks to notice the improvement on my dark circles. What do you think about this eye cream? Comment below!
Introducing Cherie’s Spotlight! 🌟
Hi cherie fam! We've updated our Leaderboard into a new, more inclusive program now called Cherie Spotlight! Starting November 23rd, every two-weeks, cherie will spotlight and award free beauty prizes to new and contributing users & creators in our community at random in an effort to show more diverse content and celebrate everyone in our cherie community. The first winners of Cherie's Spotlight will be announced on December 7th and every two-weeks, we will choose several winners for each category - New on Cherie, Cherie Convos, and Cherie's Picks! New on Cherie ￼Cherie will randomly choose several users who are new to the cherie community and have posted in the current round to win a free beauty prize! Cherie Convos ￼Cherie will randomly choose several users who have created into those week's Cherie Convos topics. ￼Each week's Cherie Convos topics can be found at the top of the Discover page in the banners and on @cherie! Cherie’s Picks ￼Cherie will award our top picks of the most engaging recent posts on cherie. There's no sign-up needed, just post to participate! Happy posting and good luck!! 🌟💫
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18
Top Tips for Taking Amazing Photos Indoors✨ Cherie Creator 101We're so excited to welcome you back to today's newest edition of cherie creator 101! Our community is always sharing such amazing photos and beauty insights and we love seeing all of your posts. In this edition of creator 101, we will be letting you in on some tips and tricks for taking high-quality, well-lit photos at home. Get ready to master your photo taking skills and snap some amazing product shots and selfies!Oct. 22