7 trendy ways to style short wavy hair
If you’re looking for that elegant and glamorous look this wavy hairstyle is for you! These classy waves are perfect for a date night or any other special occasion. The Classy Waves hairstyle will fit perfectly those occasions and is really easy to do! How to style:
- Hollywood Glam
If you’re looking for that elegant and glamorous look this wavy hairstyle is for you! These classy waves are perfect for a date night or any other special occasion. The Classy Waves hairstyle will fit perfectly those occasions and is really easy to do!
How to style:
1. Separate the top section of your hair
2. Hold the curling iron vertically, start modeling larger sections and continue towards the lower parts.
3. Give a slight brushing to the waves.
4. Apply medium to strong hold hair spray and you’re done!
- Rock and Waves
Feeling like some Rock 'n' roll and want to show it with your hairstyle? We’ve got you covered! This short wavy hairstyle will definitely add character to your look.
How to style:
1. Scrunch up your damp hair with some styling mousse and let it dry.
2. Create tight, messy curls with your fingers, and give some texture by lifting the sections up with your hands.
3. Apply shine spray and shake your head back and forth for that rock style effect!
- Beach Waves
Perfect for getting that summer look and to feel as if you just got back from the hot, sandy beach. This short wavy hairstyle is very fun and playful, and you’ll only need a flat iron to do it!
How to style:
1. With a preheated flat iron, start curling about 3 cm wide hair sections from the top.
2. Give your head a little shake and brush the waves at the crown of your head for that messy and effortless look.
3. Apply a flexible hold hairspray for that natural look!
- Half Bun Waves
Another trendy and youthful hairstyle perfect to enhance those short waves. Grab your elastic, a curling iron and let’s get started!
How to style:
1. With a preheated curling iron delicately go through all the sections of your hair from the top.
2. Grab two sections of hair from above the ear sides. Start pulling them up and back to create a bun.
3. Secure the bun with a elastic and apply hairspray to the waves for that long lasting hairstyle!
- Braided Waves
One of the best easy short hairstyles you can rock with wavy hair. Delicate and romantic, those waves will take you right into spring. So grab a few bobby pins and let’s begin!
How to style:
1. With a preheated curling iron prepare your waves throughout the whole hairstyle.
2. Separate three sections above your ears on each side.
3. Start French braiding backwards and secure the braids with a few bobby pins.
4. Apply shine hairspray and you’re done!
- Headband Wavy Pixie
If you have a pixie haircut and are wondering how to give it a bit of texture, try putting on a funky and colorful headband!
How to style:
1. Scrunch slightly damp hair with styling mousse.
2. With your hands, start grabbing sections of your hair and give them texture by scrunching it again in an upwards motion.
3. Put the headband around your head and behind the ears.
4. Tug some loose hairs on top of the band for that messy and playful look!
- Back to the 20s!
Want to travel in time with your style? Planning to go on a special date or important event? Put on some red lipstick and get ready for those roaring 20s jazzy waves in no time!
How to style:
1. Apply a fair amount of gel to your hair and comb it tight to one side.
2. By making a slight twist from the top, wave your hair and secure the sections with clips. Wait for at least 30 minutes.
3. Remove the clips and finish up with strong hold hairspray.
If you ever find yourself wondering how to style your gorgeous short hair, remember to come back to this article! Short wavy hairstyles are always trendy, very easy to do at home and will give you that instant metamorphosis you’re looking for! Check out more hairstyle articles at Cherie.com and remember to always have fun with beauty!
Introducing Cherie’s Spotlight! 🌟
Hi cherie fam! We've updated our Leaderboard into a new, more inclusive program now called Cherie Spotlight! Starting November 30th, every two-weeks, cherie will spotlight and award free beauty prizes to new and contributing users & creators in our community at random in an effort to show more diverse content and celebrate everyone in our cherie community. The first winners of Cherie's Spotlight will be announced on December 14th and every two-weeks, we will choose several winners for each category - New on Cherie, Cherie Convos, and Cherie's Picks! New on Cherie ￼Cherie will randomly choose several users who are new to the cherie community and have posted in the current round to win a free beauty prize! Cherie Convos ￼Cherie will randomly choose several users who have created into those week's Cherie Convos topics. ￼Each week's Cherie Convos topics can be found at the top of the Discover page in the banners and on @cherie! Cherie’s Picks ￼Cherie will award our top picks of the most engaging recent posts on cherie. There's no sign-up needed, just post to participate! Happy posting and good luck!! 🌟💫
🧡Creator Roundup 🏷 Beauty Year-in-review
Check out these creators’ profiles to see their beauty journeys in 2020! Creator: @Ren14 “What Stayed🍾Cooluli - Classic 4 Liter Small Mini Fridge Cooluli Skincare Fridge: I adore my little fridge! It feels so good to have chilled serums, especially in the morning! I love it so much that I’m thinking I’m going to get a bigger one so I can add more products in! Truly a must have for a skincare lover! Also, the fridge can warm up products too!” Creator:@LindseyRR “2020 is the year I think we all will remember forever. Everything in our lives changed and things have been incredibly difficult. The entire world had a health crisis, so many of our loved ones are no longer here. I myself am taking a journey with a health crisis of my own but as hard as 2020 has been, it has also been INCREDIBLE.” Creator: @briordan2000 “This year has definitely been a wild ride. I’ve learned so much more about my hair and skin in this last year than I ever thought I would or needed to know!“
Let’s learn a no heat style! ￼Start by gathering your hair to one side ￼Begin a rope braid in the front by twisting two pieces. Add hair to each section and twist again. Continue this pattern until you reach your ear. ￼Split the remaining hair into two. While holding the section pop index finger and thumb through. Grab through the other section and repeat! Secure with an elastic. Xo
Is this sunscreen worth the hype?
There is 𝗻𝗼 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻 without 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻. And, the 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻 is the one that you will wear religiously. Is 𝗜𝗦𝗗𝗜𝗡 𝗘𝗿𝘆𝗳𝗼𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗮 𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗨𝗹𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 tinted mineral sunscreen worth the hype? #Isdin - ISDIN Eryfotona Ageless Ultralight tinted mineral sunscreen[products]#[FourStars] Pros ☀️ 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹 sunscreen aka physical blocker, thus broad spectrum ☀️ Contains 𝗶𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝘅𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀, though unclear of percent. May provide protection against blue light. ☀️ One of the few tinted moisturizers that blends in well in skin of color. The tint is so homogenous and nice that you can away with not applying foundation after. ☀️ Contains 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗼𝗹𝘆𝗮𝘀𝗲, an enzyme, that help repair damage caused by the sun. Not too thick or too thin, apply easily on the skin. ☀️ contains 𝗩𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻 𝗘, an antioxidant as well as moisturizing Cons 🥴 𝗢𝗶𝗹𝘆, would not recommend for oily skin 😱 $$$ 𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲, it is definitely a splurge when there are comparable more frugal options out there.
Join the trending topic 🏷 Beauty Thanks
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, cherie would love to know what you are thankful for this year! 💜 Whether its your full cheeks that remind you of your mother, or your curly hair that expresses your personality, share it on cherie <3 What beauty item, goal, or experience are you thankful for this year? Tell us in the trending topic 🏷 Beauty Thanks ✨What is something new you learned about beauty this year, whether it is a beauty aesthetic, an innovative product, a skincare ingredient, or a wellness habit? 💫What is your experience? Do you have a routine to achieve the beauty goal?
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18
Holiday Beauty Gift Guide: Bundles Under $30Stuff their stockings or wrap it up as the main event; either way, these beauty bundles are sure to bring some delight to anyones holiday!Nov. 11