Strawberry Legs?? Let’s Talk About Pores on Your Legs!
Jul. 12, 2020
If you have ever noticed small dark spots on your legs after shaving, then you may be wondering where they came from. Many people have nicknamed the presence of these little dark spots strawberry legs because of how they resemble the seeds of a strawberry.
Strawberry legs are very common, and the dark spots are actually just like the blackheads you can get on your face. These open comedones can trap excessive oil, dirt, or bacteria, and your body’s reaction to the blockage causes the opening to appear dark.
5 causes of strawberry legs
This condition doesn’t have a singular cause. They can be caused by many different things, such as:
- Shaving. One of the major causes of strawberry legs is improperly shaving. If you are shaving without shaving cream and with an old, dull razor, then the razor burn that results from the shaving session can cause blackheads on your legs. This improper shaving technique can also cause ingrown hairs, which can look like strawberry legs for people with thick hair.
- Clogged pores. Your legs have thousands of pores, and just like the pores on your face, they can become clogged with dirt, bacteria, and dead skin. When the oils and bacteria are exposed to the air, they darken and cause a blackhead, not at all unlike the way your pores respond elsewhere on your body.
- Folliculitis. What a hair follicle becomes inflamed or infected folliculitis occurs. Folliculitis can be the result of shaving, waxing, or other hair removal methods, or it can come from exposure to bacteria, yeast, or fungus. This condition starts with small red bumps, and these bumps can develop into scabs.
- Keratosis pilaris. This condition can look like tiny pimples or gooseflesh, but they are actually tiny accumulations of keratin and dead skin cells, and they can be rough to the touch. Keratosis pilaris can be itchy and dry, but this condition can be treated with moisturizers. This condition is also rather seasonal, and it appears more frequently during the winter months.
- Dry skin. Lastly, dry skin can cause or exacerbate the symptoms of strawberry legs. If your skin is really dry, then you can develop irritation when you shave, and this can leave you more vulnerable to razor burn, folliculitis, and open comedones on your legs. Dry skin can also make your pores look darker and make your strawberry legs more visible to the naked eye.
5 ways to treat pores on legs
There are many ways to treat strawberry legs. Here are several at-home remedies and professional solutions for treating blackheads on your legs.
Strawberry legs, or having large pores on your legs, is common and normal, but it can be prevented easily. To avoid the occurrence of strawberry legs, make sure you are shaving properly, make sure your skin as well moisturize, and make sure you are exfoliating your skin regularly. If you find that blackheads on your legs is a reoccurring problem, then you can seek professional treatment options such as electrolysis or laser therapy.
This week’s ✨Cherie Spotlight ✨ w/o Jan 11
Hi all! Happy New Year 🎉🥳 We’re excited to kick off another week of Cherie Spotlight with exciting beauty gifts to share some cheer with our amazing community…and some GOOD NEWS! We’re switching it up and bringing back WEEKLY Cherie Spotlights!!! Stay tuned to hear when the change goes into effect ✨ Weekly winners of Cherie’s Picks, New on Cherie, and Cherie Convo will receive a free beauty gift to enjoy as a thanks for creating content and stories loved and cheered on by the cherie community. As a reminder: ￼Cherie’s Picks - our favorite top engaged with content, selected by team cherie. ￼New on Cherie - share your first posts on cherie for a chance to win! ￼Cherie Convo - post into the topic of the week to win! Check out our last post to check the cherie convo of the week.
Perricone MD—lipstick edition!!
So this is the Perricone MD - No Makeup Lipstick SPF 15 in shade “Original Pink” I love this lipstick because it has SPF, smells amazing, and is actually SUPER moisturizing to the lips. I dislike this lipstick because their colors NEVER match the description! This lipstick is their “original pink” and this lipstick doesn’t even have a hint of pink. It goes on looking like a dark brownish-red. Now, I personally ended up liking the color but it is NOTHING like what I thought it would be. I’ve attached a picture of it on their website so you can see just how contrasting the colors are 🤯 For $30 I would not repurchase this product. I gave it 4 stars because it works like it says but the shade is a big deal for me and I hate false advertising.
How to build your skincare routine
How to build your skincare routine VOL. I - for many people getting into skincare it can super confusing (even as a professional it is) 😳 • Therefore I’m coming out with a series to help anyone who needs some guidance on where to begin 😉 • 3 parts: Step 1 - addressing your skin concerns! Step 2 - doing some research on different brands, ingredients, products to use or even consulting a professional and Step 3 - buying the essentials and not splurging 🤷🏽♀️ • Many esthetician’s and dermatologists offer consultations to clients who need help or guidance so check the ones in your area to see if that’s an option for you 👏🏽 • Not splurging is KEY! The last thing you want to do is drop $500 on products, only to find out your skin doesn’t agree with them or you don’t like them 🥴 • Was this chart helpful? Are you excited about this new series? 💙 • What’s your beginner skincare advice for building a routine? ♥️ CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser For Normal To Oily Skin PAULA'S CHOICE - Resist Advanced Replenshing Toner
Baby Yoda likes skincare too 🥰
so this is my daily skincare. everything here has cleared up my dark spots and hyperpigmentation although the doll face eye cream has been working really slow for me so if anyone knows a good eye brightening cream pls comment below FENTY SKIN - Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen NATURIUM - Niacinamide Serum 12% Plus Zinc 2% Odacité SKINCARE - Marula Neroli Serum ConcentrateSKIN&LAB - Dr. Vita Clinic, A Plus Lifting Cream, Vitamin A
💄Share your favs in 🏷 Lip Gloss Mania
There's no doubt that a lip gloss could give a wash of light color while still being versatile enough to go with the rest of our makeup look. Notice how the gloss also defines our lips and gives them volume? More and more beauty brands are improving their formulas, maximizing their shine, and creating tubes of gloss that are more irresistible, and we are 100 percent here for them! What are your favorite lip glosses? Share them with us in 🏷 Lip Gloss Mania
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24, 2020
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18, 2020