How to Safely Tint Your Eyebrows at Home Using Beard Dye
May 28, 2020
With stay-at-home orders still in place in many regions across America, that bi-weekly trip you might typically make to your favorite brow salon is likely temporarily impossible. And while losing access to beauty services is certainly the least of our collective worries, it doesn’t mean you can’t want to maintain your perfectly coiffed arches, which is where the beauty of DIY tutorials comes in.
As a natural blonde, I can personally attest to the power of a strong brow. I usually get mine threaded and tinted once a month and have been missing having any sort of defined arches (my natural brows are basically translucent). Luckily, there’s a safe and easy way you can dye your brows at home, and although I’ve been putting off doing mine for a few months, the entire process only takes 10 minutes.
All you need is men’s beard dye in the shade of your choice (make sure the dye you choose is specifically meant for facial hair) and a clean, unused spoolie. For this tutorial, I used Just For Men’s Mustache and Beard Dye in light-medium brown and a Cuttte spoolie. This shade turned my brows a dark shade of brown so if you’re also blonde and you’re not into looking like Cara Delevigne like I am, you might want to opt for something lighter.
Before you dive directly into tinting your brows, make sure you’ve done a skin allergy test with the dye you’re using as instructed by the brand. Just For Men recommends applying a thin layer of the developer and base mixture to the inside of your elbow and leaving it there for 48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you’re safe to move forward with applying the dye to your face.
Once you’ve completed the test, follow the steps below.
1. Make sure that your eyebrows and the skin surrounding them are clean and clear of makeup by washing your face with your preferred cleanser.
2. Dip the end of a Q-tip into Vaseline and apply it on the skin around your brows, outlining your desired brow shape. This will create a barrier between your skin and excess dye and prevent any unwanted staining.
3. In the plastic tray provided within the dye kit, squeeze out an equal amount of the color developer and color base, then mix them together with the provided plastic tool. Only a small amount will be needed to fully cover your brows.
4. Take a spoolie and dip it horizontally into the dye so that much of its bristly length is covered. Then, like you would with a brow wax, brush the dye into your eyebrows, using careful upward strokes to cover the hair as precisely as possible. If any large globs of dye get outside of your desired brow area, grab a clean Q-tip and wipe them off.
5. Set a timer on your phone for five minutes.
6. Once the timer goes off, the dye is ready to be removed. Take a clean Q-tip to first wipe off the majority of the dye from each brow, then wet a rag (something you don’t mind getting dye on it) or paper towel to thoroughly remove what remains, including the Vaseline.
7. Use your tweezers to remove any stray hairs based on your desired brow shape. The dark tint will help you see stragglers you might have otherwise missed.
8. Moisturize the skin around your brows that might have come into contact with the dye.
And there you have it! Bold, just-from-the-(home) salon brows.
CMON MADDIE..... Really ? 😒
okay so i’m sorry for the light this week but i’m working on a work station. However this Morphe Maddie palette isn’t doing it for the me. In my opinion I believe to pull a good palette together is blend ability and good shimmer or glitters. The shimmers on the is so trash 🗑 sorry to say. i literally had to dig for a good creamy shine. However it isn’t a complete miss. The other colors did have some good pigment and my fav shade is the black shade. It was really dark and blendable. I would probably recommend this to someone with more fair skin because they pigments and shimmers would work better in their favor. Have you used this palette if yes tell me all about below, if no would you still wanna try it out and why ?
Baby Yoda likes skincare too 🥰
so this is my daily skincare. everything here has cleared up my dark spots and hyperpigmentation although the doll face eye cream has been working really slow for me so if anyone knows a good eye brightening cream pls comment below FENTY SKIN - Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen NATURIUM - Niacinamide Serum 12% Plus Zinc 2% Odacité SKINCARE - Marula Neroli Serum ConcentrateSKIN&LAB - Dr. Vita Clinic, A Plus Lifting Cream, Vitamin A
Preserving My Curls Overnight
This is how I preserve most of my hairstyles overnight! I hear many people complain about how their bonnet or scarf is always falling off their head and ending up on the floor once they wake up, I was having the same issue! That is when I decided to create a wrap that would stay on throughout the night while protecting your curls. I hand make them myself and sale on Etsy (link in my bio) if you are interested! 😊
cystic acne progress
cystic acne is a journey like no other. It’s unpredictable and frustrating. But, you have to celebrate small wins whenever possible. almost 2 weeks ago, I woke up with my cheek severely inflammed having sprouted a ton of cysts seemingly overnight. big, red, painful ones. unfortunately, my cystic acne is very much hormone, stress, and diet driven which makes it hard to manage at times. today, I can finally appreciate that I was successful in bringing the inflammation down. eight days may seem like a long time but in the world of cystic acne, that’s huge progress! It looks and feels so much more comfortable. if you use tretinoin, stick with it! I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel and while no day is perfect when you’re prone to cystic acne, it does get better. feel free to ask me all your cystic acne questions!
Glossy hair secret😱💗
Yall!!! Ever since I cut 4 inches off my hair a few weeks ago, I made a promise to myself to take care of my hair so it could grow longer, stronger and much healthier. Well let’s cue in THE inkey LIST - Vitamin C Brightening Hair Treatment ...it is AMAZING! I am so happy with the results that I have been seeing with it. If you are looking for a product to help with your hair, try this out! The Inkey list has so many different AND affordable products that help with so many hair issues that you need to try them out! If you have questions - let me know!! Xo, Johanna
Self-Expression, Beauty Rituals, and Uplifting The Trans Community With Mariana MarroquinLearn about LA's Trans Wellness Center and how to become a better ally for the trans community.Jun. 24, 2020
How Cherie's Skin Report Can Help Users Get Advice from their PeersCherie's beauty community offers solutions to all of your skincare questions!Jun. 18, 2020
4 Easy Switches That Turned My Shower Into A SanctuaryHint: it's all about aromatherapy.Dec. 17, 2020